Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Oct 2001 23:01:36 -0700
From:         Chris Smith <chris.smith@AQUILA.NET>
Subject:      Re: I'm kinda new around here...
Comments: To: Isaiah <punkerbat@VBE.COM>

At 08:32 PM 10/11/01 -0500, Isaiah wrote: >Hello! >I'm the new guy around here, so I'll start off with a little about myself... >I'm Isaiah, from Oshkosh, WI. I'm also a member of the DBG and Buskatiers

Uh oh.. Another DBGer on the list!

>which some of you may be familiar with? I'm a mechanic "automotive >technician"

I'll be nice and not reveal the issuer of his paycheck :-)

Check out the archives at http://www.vanagon.com for tons of good information on replacing cooling system parts and maintenance. The service books you have at work probably don't include the wisdom of the list for those pesky problems.

>Living in WI I'm not used to that sort of thing.

You've seen TURD. With 350k miles on her the seems are the only thing starting to go. The Vanagon seems to hold up better than most vans of it's era.

>This thing is going to be a race bus compared to my others :) 2.1, I can't >wait! >So, I should be bringing it home in the next week or two....more then. > >I'm not sure if many do this intro....but I thought it would be a nice touch. > >Looking forward, >Isaiah

With myself, you and Woody on this list who knows what will happen.

Chris Smith Director of Smoke and Mirrors, DBG Head Slave, VWs