Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:17:40 -0600
From:         joseph Trussell <joetruss@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Deer Strike, Stories anyone??
Comments: To: abusguy2@SPRINGMAIL.COM

Several years ago, while looking to purchase my first Vanagon, I went and test-drove a Synchro that had hit a deer in the mountains west of Colorado Springs...The damage to the left front was pretty good; the vanagon looked like it had hit a telephone pole going about twenty...The lady said she couldn't bear to drive it after killing a deer in it. She wanted $4k for it, which seemed like a bunch with a crunched left corner, left headlight, and broken grille, so I passed.

Joe T.

----Original Message Follows---- From: John Baker <abusguy2@SPRINGMAIL.COM> Reply-To: abusguy2@SPRINGMAIL.COM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Deer Strike, Stories anyone?? Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 13:03:31 -0400

Fri, 12 Oct 2001 11:45:04 -0400 "Spooner, Robert E." wrote: >>Had the displeasure of whacking a deer on the way to work this morning<<

Living in SouthWestern Ohio, this is always a great fear for me, especially this time of year. I took out a 12 point Buck in an old Ch*vy Malibu when I was in High School, and if my engine hood had not flown open, I'm afraid Mr Deer would have come through my windshield and impaled me with any one of those 12 points. It totalled the car. I have always wondered how safe my Vanagon would be in a head-on collision with a deer or something else, bigger and gasoline powered. Anyone have any REAL LIFE stories about head ons in their Vanagon and how you and it fared??

Peace, JB '66 Split Window Camper '83 H20 Vanagon

"You cannot simultaneously work for peace and prepare for war..."