Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Oct 2001 21:27:34 -0500
From:         Joel Walker <jwalker17@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: [F] Flying pigs

so, like, why don't we just coat all the cruise missiles with Spam!?? :)

that way, we ... (a) get rid of a LOT of Spam (so we don't have to buy it). (b) we frighten everybody in the neighborhood of the explosion (cruise missiles DO explode, ya know) cause Spam kinda looks like pieces of dead humans. (c) we create a new and disgusting skit for Monty Python.

there are, however, a few downsides to this idea ...

i. who are we gonna get to do the coating? i mean, *I* ain't gonna be smearing no Spam on no missiles!! ii. the smell is liable to gag the pilots and make them miss their targets. :) iii. the Spam makers get rich, think their product is a raving success, and make MORE of it!!! iv. it's against the Geneva Conventions ... Article 35, paragraphs 2 & 3: "2. It is prohibited to employ weapons, projectiles and material and methods of warfare of a nature to cause superfluous injury or unnecessary suffering. 3. It is prohibited to employ methods or means of warfare which are intended, or may be expected, to cause widespread, long-term and severe damage to the natural environment. " :) v. it would cause all the neighboring countries to hate us ... i mean, can you just IMAGINE the stench from a whole countryful of rotting Spam (is that redundant?) !!????

oh, well ... back to normal bombs that only tear your limbs off and put big holes in your bodies. :)

unca joel