Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 8 Oct 2001 01:07:19 -0400
From:         Ignace Speybrouck <ignace@SYMPATICO.CA>
Subject:      Looking for steel wheels, Vanagon 1985

Hi,

Winter is around, and I'm looking for 4 steel wheels in correct condition to install the winter tires.

I live in Canada, Quebec to be precise.

I don't feel like removing the new MX4 Rainforce that are on the freshly sandblasted and painted original wheels. BTW Those tires (205 70-R14) with their 2 ply sidewalls are just fantastic. They've virtually eradicated the side wind effect while beeing soft enough not to give that 5 ton truck feeling to the Vanagon. And yes their name is correct, you can cross puddle of water with nearly no effet ! Those tire really pump the water out of the treads. Finally I have to say they are very quiet too. Useless to say I'm satisfied !

Thanks in advance for the answer about those steel wheels !

Ignace

1967 Volvo 144S (useful to go to work !) 1985 Vanagon GL (useful to carry the familly) 1989 Mazda B2200 (useful when renovating a very old house)