Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Oct 2001 19:52:22 -0700
From:         Jere Hawn <jbrschawn@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Coolant with Zero Pressure
Comments: To: Lawrence Johnson <larry_avery.johnson@SYMPATICO.CA>

Larry,

I would think that as long as you are moving it will cool enough but not really sure but I do know to avoid idling for long periods.

The only think I would be afraid of is even flow through both sides to the engine, the worse that can happen is burning up the engine ($2,500+)

Option #2: Terry (recent post) is parting out some vanagon and what we've all seen; he should be able to retire as soon as he unloads that steering column (black, tan, brown.... The uniquely colored one)... You might p-mail him and see if he'll part with one.

Jere 90 GL 88 GL