Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 9 Oct 2001 00:00:32 -0400
From:         Stephen Steele <steeles@HORIZONVIEW.NET>
Subject:      Fall Campout for the Central Ohio Westies vans and buses

Hey all: I thought I had better put out some info to the list on the Fall Campout for the Central Ohio Westies vans and buses (COWvab).

As discussed at the Summer Campout at Beaver Creek, we will be in the West Central part of the state... John Bryan State Park (outside Yellow Springs). It is a small SP, readily accessible to I-70 and is quite pretty in the fall. The gorge it sits in is family friendly and has a small stream (the head waters of the Little Miami, IIRC). An old grist mill/restaurant is close by. Nearby Antioch College is a different experience, too.

The traditional Saturday evening potluck dinner is the only "group" meal. All others are on your own. A Sunday afternoon exit parade to a nearby dairy for ice cream would be fun!

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/jhnbryan.htm

Saturday and Sunday, October 20-21 with Friday night optional.

Cost is $3 per night for adults and $1 for kids.

First timers/newbies: We are a group of somewhat experienced campers who enjoy the outdoors in our vans; we tend to use primitive group areas ( pit latrines and no electricity), in a loosely circled VWagens fashion. Please feel free to join us in the last event of our first year. We are looking forward to another great campout!

Reply if you have any questions or want to be added to the campout or group mailings.

Happy Vanning! -- stephen (still) reluctant header upper of the Central Ohio Westies Vans and Busses