Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 14 Oct 2001 22:28:06 -0700
From:         Jere Hawn <jbrschawn@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Who has/had the longest lived head gasket on this list?
Comments: To: TinkerMan <tinkerman007@YAHOO.COM>

I've got and 88 with 160K original miles, is that close enough?

Jere 90 GL 88 GL

As part of my nearing head gasket failure (after only 50K Km!), I'd like to prepare for the proper treatment when the time comes to get the longest life on the new head gaskets. There once was a survey going on this list but it seems the results have never been published. Thus, I'm looking to hear what was the life span of your head gaskets and under what conditions (standard heads, ceramic coated heads, JB weld fixed heads, improved head bolts, distilled water in coolant, etc.). I'm talking about lifespan from new or replaced head gaskets. Robert Lilly was aiming for a 200K miles engine life in one of his posts. Well Robert, did you get there?...:-) Anyone got a 200K motor (original or after overhaul) still running without a major problem? Any other comments on life expectancy of a WaterWeeper engine?

===== Cheers, TinkerMan