Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:14:16 -0700
From:         David Bingham <DBingham@CASAGOFASTICA.COM>
Subject:      Re: Near Death Experience in the Vanagon

I was driving kind of fast on a winding gravel road above lake Coeur d' Alene in Idaho. I came around a corner and the sun hit me in the eyes, totally blinding me for a minute. The passenger side front wheel hooked over the edge of a cliff and the wheel tried to tear out of my hands. I was able to recover and continue on at my pseudo rally driver pace. Always wear your seat belt. That should be obvious. Also, secure everything in your vehical that weighs more than 8 onces. That tool box or cooler can become leathal in a roll over. Also, not only should you have your hands at 10 and 2 on the wheel at all times, but during agressive driving off road or on dirt roads, don't wrap your thumbs around the wheel. If you hook a tire on somthing the wheel can actually break your thumb causing you to lose control. I think I should also mention, please keep right except to pass. I hate passing cars in the right lane while on my bike. Just let me go by and before you know it I will be long out of site and no longer pissing you off. David