Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 20 Oct 2001 08:14:02 -0700
From:         Michael Snow <mwsnow@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Diesel question
Comments: To: Awf986@AOL.COM

The fuel gauge seems to work the same. Installing the tach is relatively simple, but tedious. Basically, you install the diesel components into the '86 cluster. The most difficult part is rewiring the 14 pin connector. I used the 1985 wire diagram to do mine. The '85 connector has only one ground point, where the '82 diesel has two. Connect the two diesel ground wires to the single '85 location and it will all work correctly.

No power steering yet, but still thinking about it. I wouldn't try it without a turbo. If you figure out a way to attach the power steering pump to the Vanagon diesel engine, the rest of the list is waiting to hear your solution :-)

Mike Snow