Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 24 Oct 2001 13:08:29 EDT
From:         Ben T <BenTbtstr8@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Wall mount table
Comments: To: cseleen@together.net

In a message dated 10/24/01 7:05:01 AM Pacific Daylight Time, cseleen@TOGETHER.NET writes:

<< I just removed my middle double seat from my 91 GL and mounted and installed the weekender style removable jumpseat behind the drivers seat (rear facing). I chose not to get the driver's side rear panel with the hinged table at this time--Has anyone set up a wall mount table to existing panel or any other table designs to use back seat and jump seat with a table in between. >>

Chuck,

Listee Dan Danrich installed such an interior in his GL van Ice Tea. He installed the Wolfsburg Edition (same as Multivan ext). folding side table w/o the plastic panels. I cut the original GL panels to accommodate the table mechanism.

The problem with that arrangement is the old GL Weekender bench is too wide for the table mechanism. You can only open the bench into a bed if have the table deployed. I'd hate to be sleeping on the bed and forget about the table being out. <bonk>. It's good compromise and it looks sharp if you are willing to accept that.

I installed one of these tables on my 87 GL. The jumpseat is in place. I also got a Wolfsburg Edition rear bench which is about 3 inches narrower than the GL bench. Thanks to grumpy dwarf Listee Terry Kay, I got the proper side brackets for mounting them. Take care to take these brackets out when buying the narrower benches. It basically consist of a square tube 1.75" with a bolt welded on one side and a nut welded in the opposite side. This gives it ample clearance to clear not only the table folding arm but also the plastic side panels.

How to webpage to follow later.

BenT <A HREF="http://hometown.aol.com/bentbtstr8/myhomepage/index.html">Vanagon Cafe</A>

all rights reserved