Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:45:02 -0700
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortino1@ONEBOX.COM>
Subject:      Re: Thanks everyone for advice on head/gasket job
Comments: To: lamusicamellama@JUNO.COM

Les et all,

I think it took me 20mins to get 1 stuck cat nut off, ended up rounding it out, BUT vise grips played a key role in this I live in Calie and parked my van to rip the heads off and do some other work. Rain gods please have mercy on me. :) * I will cover everything up so I can take my time. So my leaker is parked waiting $/time. might take a couple months if the $$ does'nt come in.

just take your time and have fun doing it thats my tip, plus everyone on the list/pages has tons of info. VW's are fun to work on but also can piss ya off real eazy ;) catch 22 deal

good luck Joe

-- Joseph Fortino fortino1@onebox.com - email (510) 360 -7829 voicemail/fax

---- Les Shiaman <lamusicamellama@JUNO.COM> wrote: > Listees - > > I sincerely appreciate your comments and suggestions for doing the > work. > I am assuming it needs to be done (either heads or gaskets) on my westy, > but plan to take it to an expert for an opinion first. I feel like > I > will eventually go through with it on my own --- I guess I am in the > research stage. Though I live in a temperate climate, it rains a lot > here (redwood coast -- California)for the next 5 months, so I may wait > until spring and even then I'll do my best to keep the elements away > from > any exposed parts. Maybe I'll spend a couple months working the exhaust > bolts as some have suggested takes time and patience. I am slowly > gaining the knowledge and courage to take on this problem, so I may > as > well take another step and get some verification. > > Thanks all, > > Les > 84 Westy > 1.9L wbx 80k miles > ________________________________________________________________ > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! > Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! > Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/. >

__________________________________________________ FREE voicemail, email, and fax...all in one place. Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com