Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 27 Oct 2001 13:52:44 -0400
From:         Hector Zapata <hector.zapata@XRXGSN.COM>
Subject:      coolant overflow to refill tank

Today I have a new hope about the problem with my van, the gases in the cooling system. A friend of mine, who owns a 1991 red Carat, was having the same problem, right after having the heads replaced, and about the same time that mine started. He took it back to the guy who had just worked on the van, thinking there was something wrong with the work. So it goes, that looking for the cause, somebody mentioned that the radiator might be causing the problem. Having little to loose, my friend had yhe radiator cleaned, and the thing is working great. Lower temps, no gas bubbles, no overfilling. I'm going to try that as soon as I get some vaction days, because it makes sense, all the crud going to the refill tank, and the problem is not there all the time. So there might some hope yet, before disassembling the heads. this guy's van is high mileage, and so is my 1991 Carat, and the heads on mine where worked on not too long ago. Hope this help some of you with this headache.

Hector