Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:04:42 -0700
From:         Gerald Masar <azsun99@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Cold-weather camping/propane heater report
Comments: To: Chris Stann <ChrisS@INFORMS.COM>

I have the Coleman Black Cat with the igniter, but can seldom get it to light from it , so I use an aim'n flame type of lighter, which has save a lot of singed hands from doing it with a match. The biggest drawback I have seen is that it puts out a lot of moisture and fogs up the windows, even with a window opened a little and the roof vent up a little. Even though they are considered to be safe, I don't use it while sleeping. I have used it several times in the last year (winter), and I made a holder for it utilizing the arm which normally holds the front table. I reported it on the list last year, but there wasn't much interest. It works great. If anyone is interested this year, p-mail me and I should have some photos shortly. Jerry '90 Westy ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Stann" <ChrisS@INFORMS.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 5:10 PM Subject: Cold-weather camping/propane heater report