Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Oct 2001 21:36:16 -0600
From:         Chris Smith <chris.smith@AQUILA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Cold-weather camping/propane heater report

I am a long time user of propane heaters in my westy for campgrounds without electric. Before the Black Cat I used the smaller reflector type of heater. They always were weak in heat and produced a ton of moisture. The Black Cat produces more heat and less water. The trick is to keep the top up slightly and plan on running the defrosters before driving in the morning. The worst condensation was when camped in 0 to -25 (f). I had the heater connected to a 20# LP tank and ran it for 3 days strait. The condensation was bad, but the van was warm enough to get changed in the morning and not worry about freezing my self. It only took the BA6 about 5 minutes to get the ice off the windows.

My ultimate solution would be to find a way to either get the BA6 to run quieter or to find a way to sleep with the jet motor sounds under the floor.

Chris Smith Head Slave