Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 31 Oct 2001 10:11:47 -0800
From:         "Thomas D. Hanlon" <hanran@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Tranny Oil Check
Comments: To: Jean-Guy Savoie <jgsavoie@NBNET.NB.CA>

Jean-Guy,

What tool do you use to remove the filler plug? I have the 17MM by about 2" male socket which fits on a 3/8" socket wrench, but it does not fit under the floor of the Vanagon, and, hence is unworkable for Vanagon tranny filling. I have the old Beetle 17MM wrench, but it, too, does not fit the Vanagon.

In Haynes (page 1.10, illustration 10.2A) there is a picture of what appears to be a short 17MM item which seems to be a special tool for VW. I cannot find it in any catalogs or at any parts stores.

Thanks,

Tom Hanlon Palm Springs, CA 84 Westfalia