Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 2 Nov 2001 23:21:49 -0800
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Syncro snorkel on e-bay

hey kids-I have a complete snorkel system with dirt trap on e-bay for syncros and will retrofit all Vanagons.

I have had a bunch of stuff for Vanagons here doing no one any good stuffed in boxes so I though i would alert you in case you aren't a e-bay surfer.

Yeah of course I hope to make a little money on it but I know you won't mind that because if I don't you can sell it and maybe it's worth a fortune.

I made one of these to work in my 82 Vanagon which is originally a Diesel that has a snorkel -I added the dirt trap and rubber hose and it works great with the air-cleaner in the old battery tray. The snorkel is on the same side as the syncro now. (inline -four engine 2.0 Golf)

Less dirt in the air filter is a good thing. I don't know if it's air tight enough for fording rivers-something I'll never do in my Westfalia you can be sure!

Robert 1982 Westfalia Seattle