Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Nov 2001 21:44:23 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: thefts, security
Comments: To: maxito@PACBELL.NET

I had a brick office building, no windows, no sky lights, very heavy front door with burglar bar grill and super strong overhead door. The entire building was inside of a chain link fence. They crashed a stolen truck into the building to get entry. There aren't any secure ways to keep your possessions, if somebody wants them they'll find a way in. I've never had anything stolen from my Westfalia but I'm expecting it to happen at some point in the future. We've had three cars stolen right out of our driveway and a couple of others that the thieves just mutilated buy cutting the seats, dash board and kicking in the radio and instruments when they could not get past our second ignition trip switch. All I can say is don't leave any valuables in sight and carry hundred dollar items into your house or just find a way not to leave/have them in your vehicle. Car alarm systems go off all of the time while I'm at the grocery store parking lot and they are ignored by everybody. The security guards at shopping malls don't chase to see If a vehicle is being burglarized when the alarm goes off, your neighbors don't even get out of their chairs to take a look when your home or car alarm goes off.

Stan Wilder 83 Westfalia Air Cooled

On Sat, 3 Nov 2001 14:50:47 -0800 Maximiliano Goldschwartz <maxito@PACBELL.NET> writes: > Anybody has experience on how to increase the vanagon's security? > I mean make it harder for someone to break in and steal the huge > amount of > stuff that's in the cabinets. > > Extra locks? > Alarms? > Explosive handles? > > Dangerous animals inside? :) > > > max > ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.