Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 3 Nov 2001 22:02:30 -0800
From:         Rennie Wible <volksdragon@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: TIICO- Oil Filters - P/N Clarification
Comments: To: Gary Stearns <gstearns@OPTONLINE.NET>

This is starting to get away from the TIICO bit, but. . .

First off, does the diesel vanagon run the filter in the same location as the TIICO conversion? I ask because VW supplies the same filter for diesel vanagons and Jetta/Rabbits. Maybe run the diesel filter instead? I used to run these on my old 1835cc engines because they wouldn't pop when the pressure got too high for the type 4 filters.

Second, the P/N of filters have changed, but not the way everyone has mentioned.

056 115 561G: This was made for all gas early inline w/c engines. VW has superceded this part to 034 115 561A.

034 115 561A: This is used on all gas w/c inline engines until 98 (jetta/beetle/golf), 99 (passat) and up to present on cabrios (you figure it out). A few tech people (at VW) have told me this will be superceded to 06A 115 561B soon.

06A 115 561: Already superceded to 06A 115 561B.

IGS 115 561: TIICO filter. Not listed in VW price book, nor is it accepted, or better yet superceded, to any other filter in ETKA.

06A 115 561B: You guessed it, all the gas inline engines newer than the list above.

The only differences I have seen on the 034 and the 06A is the location of the check valve. Why VW says to use an 034 on a 99 Passat 1.8T and an 06A on a 99 Beetle 1.8T (exactly the same internals) is way beyond me.

p.s. These are for gas, inline, 4 cyl US VWs

Just for entertainment purposes.

Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Rennie VolksDragon@earthlink.net Los Angeles Peyton Cramer VW