Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Nov 2001 09:14:50 -0800
From:         Patrick Harris <harrisvanagon@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Brake light sensitivity
Comments: To: michael.radtke@BULL.COM

You know, I had the same problem on my 81 here. Even after I did a full brake job and even evac and replace the brake fluid, that switch didn't come on until you were really on the brakes. What I did, because it was relitively inexpensive, however, neck breaking.. I just replaced the switch. I came to the conclusion that either the pressure switch had worn or crud got lodged in somehow and messed with the switch. But, I think that's what he was trying to aim at. That even though the brakes are working fine, the brake lights are failing to come on until the brakes are applied firmly. I must say, it was a bad design on VW's part. They should have done just like everyone else, a pedal switch. Because, when that switch is bad and you feather the brakes, nobody behind you knows what your doing because the lights aren't lighting. Oh well, that's my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Patrick Harris Longview, Washington