Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 4 Nov 2001 20:16:36 -0800
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bad Vanagon News...
Comments: To: FilcoffD@MISSOURI.EDU

Amazing-almost identical to the damage my 82 Westy sustained in a five car pile-up in '96. I had it fixed-the right front crash rail was also bent a little-but just like in your case-the other car was totally destroyed. The damaged part was cut out and a good clip was welded in. If it runs and drives staight that's good. Insurance company wants to total this because the body shop wants $4,000-shows you what they wanted to give for my 82 Westy with a 85 Wolfsburg interior and 1995 Golf engine, so I found someone to fix it for $2,200 cash.

Robert K 1982 Westfalia