Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Nov 2001 21:50:10 -0800
From:         Myron Lind <mdlind@RICA.NET>
Subject:      Re: How much longer?
Comments: To: andrewbell <andrewbell@QWEST.NET>

Make sure you understand the difference in depreciating a new vehicle vs. writing off repairs to the Vanagon. I am not an accountant, but I believe "repairs" are a direct write-off, as opposed to depreciation which you must claim over 5 or 7 years, and then "pay back the difference" when you dispose of it. (This assume your business owns or buys the Vanagon). Also, do you want to incur the possible interest, extra insurance, etc of the new vehicle? Actually I was in the same situation about a month ago. I was going to buy a EV, even bough the Bentley to check it all out. I found a Westy that was just too clean to pass up and accidentally ended up bring it home. I am hoping to TD conversion, similar in cost to the Tiico, and in the end will have a lot less money tied up, more economical vehicle, and something I am vastly more familiar with. That is where I preferred to end up, although I think both ideas are worth considering. I'll sell you the Bentley if you want!!

Myron Lind 81 Westy ----- Original Message ----- From: andrewbell <andrewbell@QWEST.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 5:12 PM Subject: How much longer?