Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Nov 2001 22:59:47 -0600
From:         Joel Walker <jwalker17@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Proer and bepane

> Now as to cooling beer by immersing it in liquid propane, ... there are > easier ways. Such as drinking it quickly under a strong negative differential > pressure. This leads to vapor and aerosol formation and rapid cooling of the > residual liquid!

whatever.

anyway, it's obvious to any casual observer that .. (a) beer is merely a different form of propane.

1. this can be verified by sniffing beer-induced flatulence ... notice the similar smell. now, the smell-chemical(s) are added to propane, i suppose, much like those added to LNG so you can smell it when your furnace starts leaking, right before it blows up the house. point being that the same chemicals must ergo ipso facto have been added to beer ... hence the similarity in smells. why would any sane, greedy company spend extra money to add such chemicals unless it was (i) required by law, or (ii) required for the digestion of the aforementioned product (beer). now, it might be actually required by law in some states or even by federal mandate .... so you can identify, should some future governmental need arise, the beer drinkers in a crowd, say by sniffer dogs. but it's more likely, i think, that the chemicals are required for digestion. similarly, we can deduce that the chemical-smell is added to propane to aid combustion (merely a different form of 'digestion').

2. at sufficiently high temperatures, beer burns. but it's a liquid ... like liquid propane (which also burns). therefore one may conclude that they are the same. Q.E.D.

3. beer flatulence is also known in some less aspicious scientific circles as a form of methane. see the ending: -ane?? same as in propANE. same stuff, different form.

4. it has already been stated that burning propane yields CO and water. 'digesting' (another form of burning) beer yields CO2 (breathed out) and water (and the aforementioned beer farts). how much more proof do you need??!

(b) what was the question again??

:)