Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Nov 2001 07:53:48 -0800
From:         pensioner <al_knoll@PACBELL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Subaru Performance Graphs SOTP data provider

Hi Frank and Warren,

In the interest of providing seat of the pants data. I have an SVX Syncro Westie with the Schwenk Suspension and 15" wheels with SA brakes. The conversion is being done by SmallCar. I live in the Sacramento CA area and if prospective upgraders would like a demo I would be happy to oblige in Sacramento. I travel quite a bit when the car is running right and may be in your area at some point. Plans include Chatsworth CA, Palmdale CA, Bishop CA, Redding CA, Santa Barbara CA, Sandy Eggo CA. San Jose CA, PaloAlto CA in the next couple of months. There's also a plot to "do Baja" with Drillock and crew for thanksgiving.

Another listmember has a 2.5 conversion also done by SmallCar. He lives in Reno and was kind enough to let me try his standard syncro which also has suspension upgrades. I'm not at liberty to volunteer his time though.

With respect to BMEP, performance graphs and so on my trip to Palmdale will probably include some chassis dyno time and of course I'll make the results available to all.

Perhaps Warren could contact the folks who gave him the graph and ask how the data was obtained and if they would like to characterize the SVX.

The single number for BMEP is the maximum if I read Franks work correctly. BMEP is of course a continuous function with one local maximum if I recall my ME stuff.

In the not too distant future Seth of H and R in Santa Barbara, whom I highly recommend, will be converting his syncro westie to the SVX. Then we'll have two in California, one in Tacoma and one in Ketchum ID.

pensioner