Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Nov 2001 15:43:40 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: He gave me the shirt off his back!  (A happy update to: On
              the             Road home and need help getting there!)
Comments: To: Maynard Southard <echomhs@GIS.NET>

Three great HUZZAH's for Myron Lind.

Karl Wolz

Myron responded to my Tuesday night post with an offer to assist if > I made it up his way. He e-mailed me that his bike shop was just .6 miles off > I-81 and that he had a used slave cylinder, a creeper, a few tools, and a > shower if necessary. I coasted and jerked my way into the Shoneys's Inn, less > than a mile from Myron's shop and called him in the morning. > > Once at Myron's we discovered that he did not have that used slave cylinder > after all. We called around looking for a new one, but came up empty. I was > just about ready to head out, attempting to complete the remainder of the > journey sans clutch, when Myron made the ultimate Vanagon List Member/Hero > gesture ... > > ... Myron offered me the shirt (slave cylinder) off his back (Westy). I kid > you not! He told me I could pull the perfectly good clutch slave cylinder off > of his White Westy and put it on my double cab so that I could get home! Can > you believe that! Myron - you are the man!