Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Nov 2001 20:11:21 -0800
From:         Steve Schwenk <steve@SYNCRO.ORG>
Subject:      Re: 2WD Westy Coil Springs
Comments: To: Terry Kay <CTONLINE@webtv.net>
Comments: cc: hksawyer@CATT.COM

jeez. And here they told me it was safe because you had joined the Talibanan were off to Afghanistan with a canister of zyklon B.

Oh well...i shan't stay long.

Terry Kay wrote: > > Horace !!!, > > Here he is !!! > > Schwenkenspring!! > > I knew he just couldn't resist the temptation's of the list for long !!! > > ______________ > |[ ] [ ] [ ]\ > | | | | > ~~~ ~||-(())----(())-| > > Terry-- > > 85 GL- (Delilah) > 86 BMW 325 ES- (Eva) > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "In life, it is much better to want > something you cannot have--- > > Than to have something you can't get rid of" > > (T.K.) > > ------------------------------------------------------- > > Subject: 2WD Westy Coil Springs > Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 19:59:04 -0800 > From: Steve Schwenk <steve@SYNCRO.ORG> > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > > I have heard from only a couple of people who purchased > the 2WD custom coil springs for the 2WD westy. If > anyone has any feedback or ride height measurements, > they would be much appreciated. > > So far, on 3 vans the ride height has been reported as > 17.25" up front and from 17.25 to 17.5 in the rear. I > left the rear on the low side so people could add > leveling spacers without having the rear too high as a > result. It is easy to adjust rear ride height upward, > not so easy to adjust it downward. > > Todd Last and I put a set of the production springs in > his van and swapped out the prototypes he had since I > made some adjustments in the specs for the production > run. The ride was nicely firm, which a nice > progressive rate that gets firmer as the spring > compresses so there is not the diving you get with the > stock springs. Cornering and stability were improved, > with an increase in usable suspension travel. > > I will probably do another run shortly if people are > interested, with the springs ready in about 6 weeks. > p-mail me for info/details. > Steve > > http://www.concentric.net/~Sxs/springs.shtml