Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:45:57 -0800
From:         Todd Last <Rubatoguy@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Re: Propane pressure facts
Comments: To: Randy Charrette <rcharrette@HOTMAIL.COM>

I would agree that the Black Cat is going to be marginal for low temperatures. It seems to work fine down to the low 50's - depending on your tolerance for cold. When I ran mine, I noticed that it seemed most of the heat traveled up from the unit, not forward as I thought. I wonder if having a small fan behind the unit to better distribute the heat escaping up would make a difference.

Also, there are two sizes of Black Cat heaters. The one discussed on the list is the SMALL one. The larger is free standing and about 2-3 times the size of the small unit. I wonder if anyone has tried using that one?

Todd '88 Westy