Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 8 Nov 2001 15:31:20 EST
From:         Robert Lilley <Wolfvan88@AOL.COM>
Subject:      How to get your Michelin tires that are reserved only for
              Vanagons...

For those of you trying to get the 205x65x15" tires, you need to call Michelin customer service at 1-800-847-3435 and have the rep send the tires to the store of your choice for install. They need to be able to confirm that the store will install them. Per the Michelin rep, Michelin is keeping the vanagon only tires in reserve and not sending them to stores except on a "as need basis", to make sure that there is enough to go around until production picks back up.

Some lines are discontinued but the 205x65x15 is not scheduled to be discontinuned I was told.

The rep that helped me get some tires AFTER Walmart told me that they were not avalible. YOU need to call the Michelin "hotline" to get the tires relesed and have a store lined up to install for them to call to be able to ship them out. TELL them that you have a VANAGON and most likely, you can get a set of tires.

Therfore if a store tries to get some, they are told that they are back-ordered.

Some tire lines might be out of stock, so you might not be able to get any tires.

BUT CALL to see if Michelin can get any. Some stores still might have stock.

I got my 5 tires, so IF you plan to upgrade rims to 15" go ahead...

Robert