Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 11 Nov 2001 11:10:58 -0700
From:         Gerald Masar <azsun99@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: AT & Coolant Leak
Comments: To: Andrew M Fox <andrewf@HAWAII.EDU>

One list member used a bicycle pump, cut the end of the hose off and using whatever tubing and clamps were necessary, attached it to the cap on the expansion tank, where the overflow tube attaches. I used a 110 volt tire inflator. But these were to fill and help bleed the cooling system. You don't want to put much pressure on it, and I am not sure it would help you find the leaks. If you see coolant on the gasket, it's probably time to have the heads re-sealed. Jerry

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew M Fox" <andrewf@HAWAII.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2001 10:39 PM Subject: AT & Coolant Leak