Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Nov 2001 07:25:59 -0800
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: coolent level sensor
Comments: To: KENWILFY@AOL.COM

Sure, the Coolant Warning Unit Relay or whatever you want to call it is above and to the forward left of the relay panel. It is not easy to see. Remove the small defroster vent to the left of the speedo and you can see a couple of relay sockets mounted above the space where all of the brown ground wires connect to the body. The Coolant Warning Unit has the number "43" stamped on the top. Getting your hands on it is tough but drop the fuse panel down so you can reach up there while looking through the hole where you removed the defroster vent.

Mark

KENWILFY@AOL.COM wrote: > > I just had an '84 here that had the blinking coolant light thing. I > found that the wire to the level sender was broken. I spliced the > wire back together and it fixed the problem. So, yes an open should > make the system blink and on these older vans, the temp needle will > peg out. > > I would agree with you that the Bentley is really sketchy about this > sender system. Does anyone know where the "Coolant Level Sensor > relay" is located in an '84 Vanagon? It is not with the rest of the > relays, and I couldn't find it after spending some time searching > under the dash. Just curious. > > Thanks, > Ken Wilford > John 3:16 > www.vanagain.com > Phone: (856)-765-1583 > Fax: (856)-327-2242