Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Nov 2001 07:48:42 -0800
From:         PSavage <psavage@SABER.NET>
Subject:      Nifty New Camp Gear - Report

When I come across a great piece of camp gear, I like to pass on the info. I've just received a couple of great items from online Campmor catalog: www.campmor.com that deserve mention For van travel/camping I find there's greater comfort & convenience if I travel lite. Want to have on hand all I need, so each piece of gear must serve at least a dual purpose.

Recommend Highly: small, aluminum, spring loaded candle lantern with bale & hook. Candles, @ 3 for $1.99, burn 6-8 hours. Optional stainless, pack flat reflector, @$6.99 makes this little lantern really useful--& reflector doubles as a cone for your coffee filter! These little lanterns are good to have on hand if battery powered lite fails--or for those who enjoy well designed & crafted gear, the candle lite adds a warm ambience inside the van or out.

Thumbs Up!--Campmor's micro fleece sleeping bag liner adds 11 degrees of warmth to a bag, & is available with a choice of right or left side zipper. The cozy, double layer hood with drawstring is a nice feature. Microfleece liners make good tropical weight bags & dry quickly on jury rigged camping clothes lines. Campmor's prices beat REI & other online camping cataglogs, is secure, & ships orders quickly at reasonable cost with a tracking number.

Cheers, Phaedra '85 Wolfsburg Westy "Basecamp"