Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:25:51 -0500
From:         Jay L Snyder <Jay.L.Snyder@USA.DUPONT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Once again, The cold...
Comments: To: Richard Bias <rbias@HOTMAIL.COM>

Check your throttle switch. It could be hanging up in different postions. Listen for a distinct click when moving the throttle plate. Check with an ohm meter to make sure it is open/closed.

Jay

Richard Bias <rbias@HOTMAIL.COM>@gerry.vanagon.com> on 11/14/2001 09:17:12 AM

Please respond to Richard Bias <rbias@HOTMAIL.COM>

To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM cc: Subject: Once again, The cold...

Good morning All, It is really getting cold here in the Northeast part of New Jersey. Especially at 5:20AM. I have been plagued (fortunately for me I almost got it licked... almost) with a weird situation at cruising speed on the highway in the cold. I was moving about 62MPH this morning when a slow moving car pulled on in front of me. I let off the gas, slowed down, the car in front of me started going quicker, (I was doing about 50MPH now) I pushed the gas pedal and it was as if the Van had the power turned off for about a second or 2. I feathered the gas pedal and eventually got it back up to 62MPH with normalcy. Every time I dropped the speed the pick up was the same scenario. I got to my exit and took the Van out of gear and the idle was at 1800RPM (my idle is rock solid at 850RPM normally). I played with the gas pedal, got the idle to act normal again and performance returned as expected for the rest of my journey. I have done the following (most recent first action (are you ready...)

replaced fuel filter and pump. replaced defective front caliper (don't think this had much to do with it...)(attempt at some humor) replaced thermostat and tempII sensor. had car set for emissions (passed NJ inspection a few months ago) did the famous Cap fix for bucking (most improvement here) new oxygen sensor Tune up... Thank you for any words of wisdom or encouragement...

Richard and Annemarie 85 GL "Buba"