Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Nov 2001 23:01:36 -0500
From:         jhlauterbach <jhlauterbach@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Help Doctor's, My baby is sick!
Comments: To: Joe <mejoe@EMAIL.TOAST.NET>

Joe, I had similar problems after I bought my '84 in May 1997. A bad Hall detector will give similar symptoms as will a bad AFM. A few months after I had gotten those problems fixed, I started having problems again. Indeed, I had to have it towed back to the shop that out the AFM in. One of the techs figured out that the problem was due to poor electrical contact between the contact at the end of the FI cable and the ECU. He cleaned the contacts and all was well for about 6 months. When symptoms started reappearing, I cleaned the contacts again. Problem went away. Now I clean these contacts about once a quarter. It keeps the problems away.

John Lauterbach Macon, GA '84 7-passenger

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe" <mejoe@EMAIL.TOAST.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 2:28 PM Subject: Help Doctor's, My baby is sick!