Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:28:11 -0800
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortino1@ONEBOX.COM>
Subject:      Re: Installing front springs 2WD
Comments: To: Steve Schwenk <steve@SYNCRO.ORG>

lol this guy used his SEX gel.. JUST busting up, see we love our VANS. wonder why the wife says " hey are you going to sleep with that "

:)

-- Joseph Fortino fortino1@onebox.com - email (510) 360 -7829 voicemail/fax

---- Steve Schwenk <steve@SYNCRO.ORG> wrote: > John, there is no top or bottom on the springs. Either > end up is fine. Fit the bottom of the spring in the > spring perch so the end fits in the groove. Fit the > top rubber cap the same way, so it fit right in the > groove. Spray the top spring rubber with soapy rubber > to help make it easier to get in. Insert the bottom of > the spring first, then you can force the top in. twist > the spring back and forth and use the soapy water on > the rubber. > > As for the stabilizer bar, again use soapy water on the > rubber...work up a lather! Or get some of that water > based sex gel stuff! Just get it all slippery and it > will slip off with some persuasion. Unbolt the lower > part from the control are first and use the bolt part > for a leverage handle. > > Good luck. And if anyone has questions about the > springs, just let me know. they come with free tech > support. > Steve > > John Clemens wrote: > > > > I'm installing the new front springs on my 1983 Westfalia and I have > two > > quick questions. On the front springs is there a top and a bottom? > There > > was no mention of this in the limited instructions that came with > them, and > > the Bentley manual says to make sure the "straight end" of the spring > goes > > on the bottom. Well great, the original ones have straight ends > on the top > > and the bottom. The new ones have straight ends with slight chamfers, > but > > one end has more of a chamfer than the other. > > Also, if you line up the top end with the orginal spring top end, > the bottom > > ends don't match in location(not even close). Does this mean anything > in > > the great scheme of things? I hope someone knows the answer. > > > > Other question, I'm replacing the bushing where the stabilizer link > fits > > over the stabilizer bar(the stabilizer link is the vertical piece > between > > the stabilizer bar and the lower control bar, it has a eye on the > top > > portion(for the bushing) and a threaded piece on the bottom). I > need to > > know an easy way to remove the stabilizer link from the stabilizer > bar, the > > bushing isn't worn enough to slide off over the flared end of the > stabilizer > > bar and I don't want to remove the entire bar(and use a press) if > I can > > avoid it. A good trick would be real welcome(also for the reverse > > installation). > > > > Thanks for any suggestions. > > > > John >

__________________________________________________ FREE voicemail, email, and fax...all in one place. Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com