Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:44:54 -0800
From:         Ben McCafferty <ben@KBMC.NET>
Subject:      Re: front door panel removal?
Comments: To: s w <smorewhisky@YAHOO.COM>

Hi there, Not sure if I understand your question correctly, but for an 89 or 90, you need to do this: --remove four screws holding the grab handle (for closing the door), and remove the handle (screws are under plastic caps) --Remove two screws holding the vent on the lower rear corner of the door, remove that vent --Pull the lever that opens the door, and you'll see a small hole at one end of the black plastic finger guard. Insert a small screwdriver, and gently pry out the finger guard. Behind the finger guard, remove a small phillips screw and the black plastic housing around the lever. --Using something that doesn't scratch, start popping the plastic snaps around the edge of the door panel. Try to get your prying tool all the way to the base of the snap before prying it out, this will help minimize breakage and tearout. The snaps are attached to the panel, and pop into a hole in the door. --If you have power windows and/or mirrors, start at the top of the panel. When you have about 50% of the snaps loose, gently pull the panel back a little and unplug the controls for the windows/locks, then finish removing the panel. You will also need to unplug the wires to your speaker at some point.

HTH, bmc :) "Faith will move mountains, but you'd better bring a shovel...."