Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Nov 2001 19:27:27 -0500
From:         Pat Dooley <pdooley@GTE.NET>
Subject:      Re: [Fwd: Re: Metal engine lids - what year?]
Comments: To: Terry Kay <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET>

ahh, you obviously have not witnessed a gas-vapor fire up close and personal. diesel vapors won't burn in the presence of an open flame. you have a much better chance of getting out unscathed. apples to oranges. I will take the diesel any day.

any bet you want make if your being fair and comparing total miles traveled per vehicle and taking the ratio of fires per vehicle on the road. most 2-3 year old diesel rigs have more miles on them than any vanagon on the list.