Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:36:29 -0400
From:         Jean-Guy Savoie <jgsavoie@NBNET.NB.CA>
Subject:      Re: Battery box behind driver's seat
Comments: To: developtrust <developtrust@HOME.COM>

Ok, so here it is...

Unless you have a very different setup (unlikely), you CAN get a **- group 41 -** battery in there - or smaller.

You must turn the swivel plate 180 degrees from normal driving position. To do this, in my experience, it is easiest to take the seat off the tracks, before swiveling, by moving the seat all the way forward and releaseing from tracks (lift the locking mechanism on both tracks). Oherwise you must clear the back of the seat to the steering wheel. I add that you can swivel the plate with the seat in place, but you must move the seat back and forth to clear the steering, but that's a PITA.

Once the swivel plate is 180 (sitting in the driver's seat, if installed, you would be facing the back of the van), open the box's door and move anything out of the way, such as wires, relays or junk. Dont forget the remove the battery harness (? what would you call the hold-down bar?) before installing the battery. The fit will be tight. Install the battery with appropriate wiring etc. Close door. Swivel the plate back 180 to original position. Reinstall seat.

No modifications whatsoever to your vehicle, other than the intended extra battery, of course.

Good luck.

JGS

84 1.9L Westfalia Bleu Schtroumpf

----- Original Message ----- From: developtrust <developtrust@HOME.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 12:07 PM Subject: Battery box behind driver's seat