Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Nov 2001 21:03:33 -0500
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      NEW- Genuine Bus Scissors Jack  (and 85 cent hubcap puller)!

I have a new item that I think will be useful to many of you. This is a genuine VW jack that uses your Vanagon's stock jack points. But rather than an "upright" jack like the one that came with your bus, this is a "scissors" type jack like the ones included with the Golf, Jetta, etc. This is the same jack that's included with the present-day VW busses sold in Brazil and Mexico. Although it is sold for the Bus, it works on a Vanagon as well (although it will not work on a Vanagon equipped with the plastic side skirts).

This is a much more stable jack than the one included with your Vanagon - much safer when changing a tire on the side of the road. I also use two of them to level my camper. By raising two of the four corners just a tiny bit (lifting the suspension just an inch or two; not taking the wheels off the ground) I can make my camper much more comfortable to sleep in when parked on a slight grade.

The price is just $34.95. Part number 237 011 031 . There's a picture at http://199.217.241.240/octpartsimages/237-011-031.JPG .

Also, for those of you with the small chrome (or painted metal) hubcaps, I now have VW hubcap pullers for them. This is the little palm-sized tool that came with your bus when it was new (but is probably long gone by now). The two prongs stick into the two small holes along the rim of your chrome hubcaps, and you just pull with your finger to remove the hubcap. (Yes, that's what those little holes are for!) No more scratching your wheels or hubcaps by prying them off with a tire iron or screwdriver! (Note: check your hubcaps first; some aftermarket ones lack the little holes along the rim.) They're genuine VW, and just 85 cents. Part number 211 012 243 .

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. (215) 234-VWVW www.busdepot.com

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders Only: 1-866-BUS-DEPOT