Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Nov 2001 13:01:54 -0400
From:         Malcolm Stebbins <MSTEBBIN@MSVU1.MSVU.CA>
Subject:      Re: rust and the wonders of naval jelly & keeping a van rust free
Comments: To: developtrust <developtrust@HOME.COM>

If you are anywhere near Canada, go to Krown Rust Control place (I prefer this to RustCheck) EVERY year (seems these companies are NOT in USA). A well spent $100 CDN$ at that. Every year I take my van in for the "job" and every other year I take my westy apart (take out all cabinets and panels) and have all the rust inhibiting oil sprayed in every crevice. Not withstanding this, (I'm the 4th owner) there was rust in a few places: The horizontal panels on each side of the engine (under each air intake grill) is a natural for rust and the starting point for dreaded seam rust. I go at that area every month or so with a squirt bottle of the anti-Rust oil. Good luck. Malcolm