Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Nov 2001 19:53:23 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Power cleaners
Comments: cc: type2@type2.com, wetwesties@yahoogroups.com

I'm not one to just blatantly abuse my 83 Westfalia but today I got my hands on a power washer. It wasn't the type that you get from the rental store; this was a big momma, trailer mounted with about 20 HP and a Diesel fueled water heater that would crank out 3000PSI at 210 Degrees. I cleaned out my CV pockets in the swing arms, all of my fender wells, all of my front suspension and that always greasy rear area above the muffler (where I dribble oil while adding 8oz.). Things were going great so I blew off my rear brake backing plates and my LP fuel tank. This took all of ten minutes. I was building momentum so I started cleaning parts that I have for sale, heater boxes, Eberspacher heaters, used engine sheet metal, three 4 speed transmissions and various other parts that all wanted to go airborne when the high pressure spray hit them. All of this airborne waste settled on my driveway so I cleaned the driveway. The driveway took a little longer since its about thirty by fifty feet but all it was an exciting day. I may have to start taking my shoes off to walk on my immaculate driveway.

Stan Wilder 83 Westfalia Air Cooled ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.