Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Nov 2001 09:43:10 -0800
From:         developtrust <developtrust@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Rules and foul language
Comments: To: jboldway@INTCON.NET

Regarding rules, I think those we have on this list are very practical and when followed make seeking and giving information easy--ESPECIALLY if we check our subject line and not just be lazy and just "hit reply" like we all do now and then.

As for foul language and up tight critical people who want us to goose step to rules, the language on this list is nothing compared to another list I am on (not vanagon related.) On this other list we have no rules whatsoever, but it functions much like this one does ORGANICALLY with the same kinds of issues and complaints. And recently--without rules-- two people were banned permanently for abusive messages. NOT because there were rules but because of list member protests that finally came to the attention of the administrator who took action on behalf of the members after reading the archives of their postings.

Rules are good but foul language (at least in my case as a newcomer) is sometimes poetic license. I rarely cuss and almost never use "f" words and do not like it. But sometimes we dumb sons of bitches need to vent our pissedoffedness.

BUT WHAT I FIND MOST OFFENSIVE, is authoritarian criticism and messages in all bold print.

Love this group. I have made so many friends in just one month who are so helpful to me with my ignorance about so much. But I am slowly learning from you all and I am deeply grateful for your patience with me. Those who helped me have touched me with their generosity of time and the kind way you have shared your knowledge. This is a very, very, special community of people. I do know something about community and have even written a book about it if anyone is interested. http://members.home.net/developtrust/largebook24.html Take it from me. this community is a great example of what REAL community is all about.

Your new friend, William Vanagon site http://members.home.net/holisticdream/vanagon1989.htm Holistic Health Center site http://members.home.net/wholehealthfound/welcome.html