Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Nov 2001 00:20:16 -0600
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 81 Vanagon Interior Panels
Comments: To: zol@foxinternet.net

Fabric wall coverings are expensive so the individual has to shop around to get Roll Ends or economical materials.The fabric I used was 48" wide and it took about five yards to do my Westy because it had a fair amount of waste since I didn't want any seams. (about $100.00 in Fabric and $12.00 in contact cement) Fabric wall coverings come from Walpaper stores, its that simple. I left all of insides of the cupboards original with the ever shrinking vinyl. Flat vinyl looks exactly like flat vinyl even with a texture and fabrics just tend to be more attractive in my opinion. Even if a motor home manufacturer is faking it with vinyl they use a fabric texture and VW also used a fabric texture on the vinyl. They're trying to make something cheap look better, so why not actually have better.

Stan Wilder 83 Westfalia Air Cooled

On Sun, 25 Nov 2001 21:33:46 -0800 "Zoltan Kuthy" <zol@foxinternet.net> writes: OK then, it means you are a lot happier with that than the one I was suggesting. That is a good news. I am happy to hear that. Now it is time to share the kind and type of fabric's name and source to the public... Zoltan

[text/html]