Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:36:09 -0400
From:         Malcolm Stebbins <MSTEBBIN@MSVU1.MSVU.CA>
Subject:      Re: V-belt failure & engine health

Ben is exactly right here. Last year my alt./water-pump belt jumped off the track (for reasons I'm not sure of), and then, as Ben says: - no circulating coolant, the engine over-heats. My overflow tank filled and then sprayed coolant out of the top 3 small holes. Luckily my sharp- eyed wife noticed the alt. light was on and we were able to get things back together before major damage was done. Then about 1,000 kms later, the water pump failed (assume the extreme heat ruined the shaft).