Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:45:57 -0500
From:         Bill Knight <bill.knight@USA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Phone list?

My recommendation is to use the AIRS list at type2.com -- just note in the comments section that you support the Vanagon community if you want to limit who you will help. The AIRS list currently has 1099 members signed up. If you browse the list, you will notice that many of the members are Vanagon owners.

Bill

I would gladly give away my personal info if it could actually could come to good use. Several issues come readily to mind:

1) The list would need to be regularly maintained. 2) Readily accessible yet reasonably secure. 3) There are some people I do not want to have my phone number or my address. Some of those people have been or may be on this very list.

So, how about emailing the list before a trip with a subject like "Emergency contacts needed" with the travel itinerary in the email. Then we'd have an option of giving away our info on a more personal basis.

Just a thought.

Chris.