Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Nov 2001 08:06:41 -0600
From:         Anthony Bailey <abailey@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Strange problem with '91 Carat

Hey Tom, I'd be interested in what you find out. My van did a similiar

thing on my trip to see my parents over the Thanksgiving holiday (3 hour

trip). It would gradually lose power until I could only do about 35 mph.

I pulled off the road, it would rev up okay, but wouldn't pull very well. It finally after a few minutes went away and then 30 minutes later, it did it again. This time I turned the Van off and when I restarted it worked fine... My wife has had this happen once or twice since she starting driving it, we figured at that time it might have been water in the gas, now I'm thinking fuel filter... However, as luck

would have it, it worked fine all the rest of the way home that evening.. Go figure, Tony

87 Vanagon GL Wolfsburg Edition (still looking for a name)