Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Nov 2001 15:12:17 -0500
From:         Karl M <thewestyman@MINDSPRING.COM>
Subject:      Seeking listmembers in the northwest USA
Comments: To: Synco list <syncro@yahoogroups.com>

Hey all, I'm in the middle of an awesome roadtrip to northern CA, OR, and WA (maybe into ID and MT also), and hoping to meet some of the listmembers along the way. I left Maryland a week ago, now in Reno NV visiting friends, then to Gilroy CA and north to OR. If anyone wants to talk Syncros / Vanagons or engine swaps while I'm in the area, I'd love to meet, get a beer, or hit the mountain for some skiing or boarding! I'll be in the NW for a few weeks, likely until mid-December. My 1.9 TD conversion is doing great, quite the powerhouse with the latest mods, but I'm thinking I need just a wee bit more power when fully loaded like the van is on this trip, so maybe a 2.5 TDI 5-cylinder project may be in the works soon? The high desert just saps a little too much power, even with 15 psi boost....maybe I'll tap into the propane tank for a little extra as needed? Give me a shout if you're in the areas mentioned!

Karl Mullendore Westy Ventures (looking for new home in the NW) 1987 Westfalia Syncro 1.9TD (cell 240.675.5275)