Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 2 Dec 2001 12:35:35 -0800
From:         Mike & Shari <mjgarske@ATTBI.COM>
Subject:      Re: 84 Still dying!
Comments: To: Blake Thornton <thornton@MATH.UTAH.EDU>

I believe it to be electrical as well and it sounds like a short. If you had problems like this before and they stemmed from the wiring then you should perform a continuity check on these wires. You might find that since it is intermittent, simple cutting out a section on either side of this melted area on each wire and splicing in with the same gauge wires will alleviate the prob. Sometimes merely 'wiggling' the wires will not make the short show up.

Good luck!

Mike G.