Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:32:43 -0800
From:         Ben McCafferty <ben@KBMC.NET>
Subject:      FW: **TRIPLE** Listmember Discount - TOMORROW ONLY
Comments: To: syncro <syncro@yahoogroups.com>

For you syncronauts who don't monitor the vanagon list, just a heads-up about tomorrow's sale. For everyone on both lists, there's some great deals to be had, but make sure you understand that the 5% on "bargains" items applies to anything on the site that has a price listed next to a retail price. I.e. lots of stuff that appears on the normal pages also appears as a bargain item. Just FYI, so you aren't surprised when you don't see 15% off everything on the normal pages. tx, bmc :) "Faith will move mountains, but you'd better bring a shovel...."

---------- From: The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM> Reply-To: The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM> Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:45:26 -0500 To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: **TRIPLE** Listmember Discount - TOMORROW ONLY

Listfolk,

I'm going to try something new tomorrow. It may be the only time I do it; I really don't know yet.

During the off-season (December thru March), we actually have a slow day here and there. I'm not being sarcastic; it really is an extreme rarity. During most of the year, we can barely keep up with daily demand (a "problem" for which I owe all of you a great bit of thanks). But on a rare day here and there, everything just lines up to make a slow day. Sales volume is seasonally low, no big shipments are due to arrive that day, the computer didn't crash, no one called in sick, and it looks like most of our existing orders will make it out the door early in the day. I never know when a day like that will happen until the night before, at best.

Since we have "excess capacity" on those days, so to speak, it makes good business sense to fill that capacity, even if it means reducing prices. So that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Tomorrow (Thursday) will be the first, and maybe last, Listmember Appreciation Day. Tomorrow, all listmembers get TRIPLE listmember discounts. That means 15% off of our discounted price, on all items that normally qualify for listmember discounts (which is most items, with a minimum $50 qualifying purchase; details and exclusions are recapped below). Also, I will allow a 5% listmember discount on Sale items (items on the website Bargains Page or in the Late Breaking News insert sent with our catalogs), which normally do not get any listmember discount at all.

This discount will run us dangerously close to selling below cost, depending on what people order. That's why I'm not sure if I'll be able to repeat the offer. I'll have to look closely and make sure that I didn't actually LOSE money at those prices. Also, to that end, there will be a few rules and exclusions, which are listed under this email. Sorry to have to put a few conditions on the offer, but please understand that at 15% off I'm dangerously close to losing money, so I have to be a little bit cautious if we are to make this work.

You can order via the website, order desk (by part number only), or customer service. To get the price, you MUST ask for the Triple Discount when ordering by phone. If you order via the phone, the discount will be calculated right then and there and we can give you your new total. If ordering via the website, put TRIPLE DISCOUNT in the "comments" section of the order form and we will manually adjust the price prior to shipping (even though the discount will not show up on the website). Sale ends tomorrow night (at 7 pm via phone and 11 pm via internet, eastern time). But it may be better to order early as some popular items may sell out.

This would be a good time to stock up on "staples" such as filters, tune up parts, belts, etc. Think about what you might need in the spring and grab it now while the price is low. And take a look at the website Bargains Page, as this will be your only chance to "double dip" and get an additional 5% off of those Sale prices (since they are normally excluded from all further discounts).

If this doesn't kill me too badly, I'll try to spring another one on you here and there when a slow day comes up. There may be one a month, or a few a month, or none at all, depending on how things go. We'll see...

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. (215) 234-VWVW www.busdepot.com

_____________________________________________ Toll-Free for Orders Only: 1-866-BUS-DEPOT

TRIPLE DISCOUNT OFFER RULES: 1) Min. qualifying order $50 plus shipping. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. 2) Offer excludes engines, rebuilt heads, transmissions, and gift certificates. 3) Sale items and Bargain Page items will get a 5% discount during this day only (normally they do not qualify at all.) 4) Made-to-order items such as upholstery, carpet, and TMI products will get a 5% discount. 5) Offer good while supplies last. Items that cannot be shipped within 1-2 days will be deleted from the order, not backordered. 6) I reserve the right to contact you if for some reason an order is glaringly below cost. Unlikely to happen, but I want the right of refusal just so I don't lose my shirt. 7) Only orders actually placed on the sale day will qualify for the discount. Prior or existing in-house orders will not qualify (even if you cancel and reorder, which would create a major hassle for my employees, defeat the purpose of this experiment, and ensure that we would not be able to do it again). Price quote requests, emailed inquiries other than actual shopping cart orders, etc. will not count as orders; you must actually place the firm order on the day of the offer. 8) Expedited orders (next-day, second-day, etc.) must be placed via Customer Service ONLY to qualify for this discount, not via the website or Order Desk. 9) In the event that we get absolutely hammered with orders, I will prioritize expedited orders and full-price orders over triple-discount ones, which may add a day or so to the delivery time.