Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Dec 2001 10:08:36 -0800
From:         Steve Schwenk <steve@SYNCRO.ORG>
Subject:      Re: [syncro-org] Syncro de Mayo Fiesta at Hollister 2002: Event
              Update
Comments: To: "Buettner, Peter" <PGB@dolby.com>
Comments: cc: Steve Schwenk <sxs@concentric.net>,
          Syncro@yahoogroups.com, syncro-org@yahoogroups.com

But Peter, we had the same number of committees last year, i was just the Chair of most of them so it was hard to tell!

The event will be much better this way. All but 3 Chairs have been filled now. That means we have about 10 people who will each be taking ownership of a small part of the event organization/set up. The end result will be better and the work will be broken down in to manageable chunks so it will not be too much for anyone and everyone can have fun too...including me!

We still need a few more Chairpersons!

sTEVE > "Buettner, Peter" wrote: > > Hi Steve, > > With an event that big you'd probably want an > accounting committee. > > Peter in flameproof suit.... > > -----Original Message----- > From: Steve Schwenk [mailto:sxs@concentric.net] > Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2001 12:34 AM > To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com; > syncro-org@yahoogroups.com; vanagon@yahoogroups.com > Subject: [syncro-org] Syncro de Mayo Fiesta at > Hollister 2002: Event Update > > We still need to fill some committee chairs for the > 2002 Syncro de Mayo Fiesta at Hollister. Or should > we > call it SyncroFest 2002? HA! We need a naming > committee. > > Anyway, the following Chairs have been filled: > > Event Set Up & Coordination Committee: Steve Schwenk > German Beer, Sausage & Bier Garden Committee: Peter > Buettner > Menu Planning and Food Acquisition Committee: Brent > Christensen > Kitchen Equip. Acquisition & Set up Committee: Mark > Drillock (tentative) > John > Wessels > (Co-Chair) > Swap Meet Organization Committee: Tom Neal > Local Premium Winery Tour Committee: Candy Neal > (tentative) > Kids' Pool, Slippery Slide & Sprinkler Committee: > Seth > Kids' Entertainment Committee: Steve Schwenk > (Co-Chair > needed) > > These Chairpersons may need to call upon you for > equipment or assistance in order to fulfill their > important duties. Please support and help them by > volunteering what you can when they call. > > We still need Chairpersons for the following > Committees: > > Multimedia: Digital and analogue VCR projector equip > and set up for showing video on the camp stage > screen. > Recorders and camera persons needed for filming > footage. Syncro videos also welcome. A PA system > would > be fun, and music. I nominate Coyote, if he is > willing > and able. This committee needs one or two Co-Chair, > too. > > Event Logo & Nick Nack Committee: We need a logo, > tee > shirts, maybe some signs and/or a banner and maybe > stickers, or even beer mugs. We would be honored if > someone with appropriate skills would step forward > for > this important Chairmanship. > > Fri. Night Dinner in San Juan Batista Committee: The > Friday night dinner was great last year. This was > easy > to set up on the phone, the restaurant was very > accommodating and the food was great. We had our own > room and a huge table. Light lifting here. > > Search & Rescue Committee: These Committee members > need to pre-tour the trials, note obstacles and rate > the trails so people are more willing to venture out > on > the trails without fear, or in order to better > experience fear. > > This committee requires people with exceptional > driving > skills and an off-road worthy syncro as you may be > called upon to assist others and traverse black > diamond > terrain. It might also be helpful to have a person > who > scares easy to ride along so the screams can be > factored into the rating system. I nominate Tom, > Adam > and John Wessels, if willing and able to serve. > > Tequila & Fine Spirits Committee: The title speaks > for > itself. This will not be a drunken event, but it is > nice to sample some fine spirits before the pot luck > or > around the fire. I nominate Pensioner. > > Hospitality Committee: Do what's necessary to get > Derek, Tim, Michael, Tom or any of the East Coasters > or > Canadians or other non-california syncronauts out for > the event. last year, we even had westys lined up > for > them to camp in, airport pick-up, accommodations, > etc. > None came! Maybe you can do better. We did have > several people from Seattle, and from Oregon and > Nevada, though. > > That should about do it. It is looking like the > event > will be held either May 16-19, or May 23-26 (Memorial > Day weekend). I need to see if Memorial Day is even > available. If you want to vote for either of these, > please do. P-mail is fine. > > Steve > Poulitburo Select Committee Co-Chair > > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor > ADVERTISEMENT > > > > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: > syncro-org-unsubscribe@egroups.com > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! > Terms of Service.