Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:14:25 EST
From:         Steven Denis <NotaJeep@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Syncro Westy FS, etc.

And what exactly do you want with full disclosure? my bank records? My body fat ratio? how about my SS #? I was advised..no BEGGED, to re-up for this list after I SWORE that I'd never do it again. I think I already posted the main story.. I don't get it..is the fact that I may or may not make part of my "bread and butter" from selling parts on ebay and telling you people here that I HAVE parts that I know you might need/want make my parts or my way of doing "business" any less valid? Here's a hint...do not bid on my e-bay auctions. Anyone that HAS and wants to get off? just e-mail me via the ebay network and I'll let you retract your bid. No..really I INSIST! You don't want my parts you will not LIKE my parts and I am under no obligation to sell my parts. Forget the fact that I'm likely one of the most knowledgable all around VW/Porsche people you're apt to (not) meet (not a "swelled head" just years of working, living and loving VW's and mostly vans from a 52 panel to a 1991 GL) and I know good from bad and what you want to do and how to do it (customer support?) Forget the fact that I've got a perfect record on e-abay and many buyers will tell you that they actually got their "stuff" before they'd PAID for it... No forget all that... Cracked heads...VW sez, AND *I* say, you can use the waterboxer head with minor cracks between the valve seats..any of you want to be smug about it? I wish I had a dollar for all you folks that are pounding down the road with cracked heads RIGHT NOW...(better than 50% in my expirence) Disclosure?..didn't I SAY in the ad that there were cracks????? If you buy these heads knowing that you have cracks you will EXPECT to get ones with cracks..$40-50 for a useable used head to replace your corroded-blasted head OR the LARGE dollars for shaky "rebuilt" (which may well have had cracks and been TIG welded and milled and new seats put in or the aftermarket heads that have some limited horror stories of their own...OR got to VW and buy new $$$$$$$$...some "economy car" eh? Forget the fact that I went and "rescued' a fellow vanner tonight while my dinner got cold.. hero?..no just a regular guy that knows what it's like to be cold and wet and far from home with a busted car...I DIDN"T take the offered $$... I said what I ALWAYS say "Pass it on, man!" So I've been back on the list about, oh,..24 hours and I'm ready to pack up again... Do I expect people to cowtow or kiss up to me? nope..but if you're a breadloaf guy and you want wipershafts I've got a BOX full of NOS one..I hear that some places get $65 each...Mine are on e-bay with starting bid of $1.00 and no reserve...what a rip-off artist...the way it works it that my VW shop buddy GAVE these to me and said we'd split what they brought on e-bay...so if they GET the dollar I'll give him the $.50 and I'll have the $.30 listing fee and the 5% of th total to pay AND have spent the time to post the items and wrap and ship the item...hows THAT for full disclosure?... MY part of that is that the part gets used by someone who needs and wants it and my long time friend gets rid of some part that HE'LL never sell... this makes me happy..if they bring $20???? all the better..the only one NOT happy would be the guy that sells them for $65...he lost a sale...sorry...can't help that..YOU have a source of supply..when all mine are gone? the market is yours..forever and ever... What I'd LIKE is some common respect..I'm told how nicely you treat newbies...WERE I a total newbie I'd be having second thoughts about the whole concept... Oh yes..it's been asked.. "NOTAJEEP" is the plates that my 1967 Land Rover 109 station wagon wore for years.. I'm fairly well known in LR circles and I've kept the e-mail address and sig I ALSO had plates that read :OLDVWS. So..sorry about the bandwidth, lets talk vanagons, eh?

steve

"Hey! nice Jeep, Mister! " "Look kid, it's NOTAJEEP! "