Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Dec 2001 12:17:14 -0000
From:         Richard Stevens <resteven@BTINTERNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: A radical idea
Comments: To: Kenneth D Lewis <kdlewis@JUNO.COM>

S'funny....on my cans and bulk containers it states on several occasions that it "lubricates". I've used gallons of it on all sorts, ranging from plastics to metals to fabrics and have even used to cure a long standing problem, which no mechanic could solve and that was to dose the fuel with say 20cc which helped to free and "lubricate" sticking fuel injectors so that the vanagon would cruise for long distances without grinding to a halt after 250- 300 miles as it did before the WD40 addition. The only failure was when I gently added a few drops to my analogue / digital watch, the analogue bit freed and lubricated but the digital display gave up the ghost. So my recommendations are..... use it!!

Richard